Obtaining a home loan in Australia is an important stage in the life of any Australian citizen or immigrant who lives there for work. This is due to the importance of this decision and its impact on the life of the individual. Where the process of buying a house is the largest purchase in the lives of individuals in most cases. Also, buying real estate is a successful investment at any time. So you have to be familiar with the way to obtain a home loan in Australia, the types of loans and the way this process works. Therefore, in this article, we will answer the most important questions that come to the mind of everyone interested in obtaining a home loan in Australia.
What are the types of mortgages in Australia? What are the papers required to obtain a home loan? What are the largest mortgage loan providers in Australia? Follow us for more details.
Steps to obtaining a home loan in Australia
In order to be able to obtain a home loan in Australia, you must follow a series of steps, as follows:
- First and foremost, you need to have a bank deposit to start applying for a home loan, and in general, you need to deposit approximately 20% of the house price.
- Searching for a suitable mortgage loan provider, as the interest rate varies from one bank to another. This is of great importance in saving and obtaining the loan at the lowest possible costs.
- Then obtaining a pre-approval from the lender, as the pre-approval gives you an initial idea of the value of the loan based on the size of the deposit you made and your financial information. You can obtain pre-approval online or by visiting an approved loan provider centre.
- Find a suitable home or property.
- Submit a request to obtain the full approval of the lender according to the purchase offer that it obtained.
- The final stage, which is the procedures for transferring ownership of the property from the seller's restrictions to yours, and starting to repay the loan. In addition to paying all costs and fees of the lending process and transfer of ownership.
Types of home loan in Australia
Banks and lenders in Australia provide several types of home loan, so you have to choose carefully the type of loan that suits you, including:
Bridging home loan in Australia
It is a short-term loan that must be repaid within 6 months from the date of its withdrawal. It is mainly directed to those who own a property, and wish to sell it and move to another, as the loan provides them with the opportunity to buy the house, move to it, and sell the old property.
Construction loan in Australia
It is a loan that helps you secure your needs during the building construction or restoration process. It is also distinguished from other home loans by the ability to withdraw money when needed, and not as a single payment.
Fixed interest home loan in Australia
In this type of mortgage, you can set a fixed interest rate, which the lender cannot change. For more clarification, you can set the interest rate for five years, even if the loan term is 25 or 30 years. Also, you will not benefit if the interest rates are lowered.
Variable interest home loan in Australia
Here, unlike the previous type, the interest rate is variable. Where the interest rate on the loan is subject to change as determined by the Reserve Bank of Australia, and this means that the interest rate may change lower or higher.
Prime loan in Australia
The interest rate is usually low to attract borrowers. But for a specific period of up to one year and it is called the introductory period, after which the interest returns to its normal values. This type of loan has its pros and cons, as follows:
Get lower interest when paying in the introductory period.
Some lenders offer a compensation account against these loans.
Payments increase after the introductory period.
Line of credit loan in Australia
It is a loan that you can get if you own real estate or shares to pay off the loan. You can withdraw the borrowed money at any time, to use it for anything you want, in exchange for repaying the loan within the specified period.
Interest only mortgage
In this type, you can only pay the interest, that is, without the loan installments, provided that you pay the loan amount at a later time or in stages. Loans of this type are usually short-term, five years at most.
Papers required for a home loan in Australia
If you want to obtain a home loan in Australia, you have to go through a journey that is hindered by many papers and documents necessary to complete it, so we recommend that you prepare your personal file completely so that the process goes smoothly and smoothly without obstacles. As for the required documents, they are:
- An Australian or foreign passport.
- An Australian or foreign driver's licence.
- Australian learner's permit.
- Australian birth certificate.
- Madicare Card.
- The ATO tax return assessment notice is less than 18 months old.
- Bank statement for the last three months.
- Monthly income statement.
- Employment contract or letter detailing your employment.
- A letter from centerelink outlining your payments.
- Documents specifying the monthly payments of transportation, bills, insurance, and others.
It is possible that you do not need all of the papers mentioned together, just as the lenders differ from each other with some papers. Therefore, it is better to look at the required papers with the lender from which you want to borrow and prepare them in advance.
Best destinations for a home loan in Australia
There are more than 97 banks and financial institutions in Australia, but not all of them offer mortgages. That is why we will mention to you the largest and most important home loan lenders in Australia. Which :
CBA Bank: It is a multinational bank, and one of the four largest banks in Australia. It offers many banking services such as personal loans, savings accounts or credit cards. The most important is the Home Loan, which is the most used loan in CBA Bank. It is characterized by the following:
Total real estate lending volume: $5,550 billion.
Market acquisition: 25.7%.
Westpac Banking Company: Australia's first ever banking company, currently among the Big Four. It offers a wide range of types of real estate loans that suit different types of borrowers. It is characterized by the following:
Market acquisition: 23%.
Total real estate lending: $4,879 billion.
NBA National Australian Bank: It is one of the major banks in Australia. It offers a wide range of financial and banking services such as personal, commercial and real estate loans. It also provides the possibility of obtaining a home loan with a package of other services. It is characterized by the following:
Market acquisition: 14.78%.
Total real estate lending volume: $3,136 billion.
Australian and New Zealand Banking Group ANZ.
In conclusion, after we explained the steps for obtaining a home loan in Australia, the required papers, and the most important providers, we hope that we have answered all your inquiries and provided you with a simple and complete explanation.