Recently, many people are looking for ways to save electricity. This saving in electricity consumption contributes to saving a lot of money. On the other hand, saving electricity consumption helps reduce global warming as well as waste energy, undoubtedly. Saving electricity consumption lies in changing some daily habits and behaviors and relying on energy-saving alternatives.
In view of the current climate change, as well as the phenomena of global warming and the high cost of electricity production, it is necessary to follow the tips for saving electricity consumption. In this topic, we review ways to save electricity, whether at home or at work.
How to save electricity.
- Open the curtains and let the sunlight enter the house during the daytime and turn off the lamps, as natural lighting is free and sunlight has a happy and positive effect on mental health and public health, or it can at least replace thick curtains with transparent ones to allow sunlight to enter while maintaining the privacy of the house.
- Replace the ordinary bulbs with energy-saving bulbs (LED bulbs) and note that the price of the saving bulb may be higher than the price of the regular bulb, but the bulbs have the same required light but with less energy consumption. Also, the LED bulbs have a longer life span, and this method significantly reduces electricity consumption as well as saves lamp replacement costs frequently.
- Turn off the lamps when not needed, and you may notice that many lamps are lit in the house despite the lack of need, and therefore electricity consumption without benefit. Also, lighting many lamps emits a large amount of heat unnecessarily.
- Disconnect electrical appliances when not in use, such as televisions, mobile chargers, audio systems, etc., as the devices consume a large amount of energy when connected to electricity even when they are turned off or in standby mode, and this advice will provide a significant amount of electricity consumption throughout the month.
- Replace old-style electrical appliances with modern, energy-saving ones, as electrical appliance manufacturers are currently focusing on saving electricity consumption and reducing heat emissions.
- Fill the dishwasher or washing machine once instead of washing the same amount several times, and reduce the number of times you open the refrigerator door and leave the door open for a long time, as opening the refrigerator door several times leads to the exit of cold air and the entry of hot air, and thus the consumption of a high amount of electricity to bring the air back in.
- Change some habits and reduce the use of household appliances in general whenever possible. Leave the clothes to dry in the sun instead of using the washer dryer, and wash the dishes manually instead of using the dishwasher.
- Good insulation for the windows and doors of the house, as keeping the air cool inside the house in the summer or warm inside the house in the winter, contributes effectively to saving energy and the use of devices inside the house.
- Rationalization of hot water consumption. Electric heaters can be replaced with gas heaters or solar heaters. There is also no need to bathe in hot water for a long time unnecessarily, consuming a lot of water and energy.
- Rationalizing the use of air coolers and humidifiers and replacing old air conditioners with energy-saving ones.
- Try to rely on natural and renewable alternatives for energy production, such as solar cells and wind energy, to provide the necessary energy, if possible, and reduce dependence on non-renewable energy.